Why You Need Invisalign® and the Workings of Various Types
Invisalign® is a tooth straightening treatment that involves putting on clear plastic aligners. The aligners are invisible, making it hard for people to notice if you are wearing them. They are removable therefore canceling out any restrictions on food and drinks plus you can floss and brush your teeth whenever you want.
Invisalign has a great influence on your oral condition, hygiene, and health. It works in a different way from meta braces. After a few weeks, a new set of aligners is assigned to you, and each set focuses on different teeth. With the use of a correct amount of pressure, the aligners shift your teeth gradually until you get the intended alignment.
Reasons to Choose Invisalign
- There are no food restrictions. When you eat, you just take off the braces. The patients are expected to at least wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Shorter treatment times. For teenagers, Invisalign treatment may take up the same time as metal braces, but for adults, the treatment can take about twelve months. To speed up the process, you can have some orthodontic treatments done on top of the aligners.
- They are comfortable, and less pain is experienced. A good thing about the clear plastic that is used to make the aligners is that they have a smooth surface; therefore, the chances of an irritation occurring either to the teeth or gums are low. Once your mouth gets used to the aligners, no problems are likely to be experienced. The treatment is comfortable, and only little adjustments are required.
- Treatment costs are affordable. Different situations have different treatment costs.
- It improves your self-esteem. Invisalign braces can literally change your feelings about yourself
- Invisalign straightens teeth. If you have an overbite, underbite, or crooked teeth and many more problems, Invisalign can make all that go away within a certain period of time.
- Safety. The risk of getting cuts or irritation is not likely to happen since the aligners are composed of plastic.
Types of Invisalign Treatment Depending on Your Condition
- Invisalign full: It is one of the most frequent types of Invisalign used. It treats bites issues that are more complex. For this treatment, both the bottom and top aligners will be present for at least one year or eighteen months. Make an effort and visit any emergency dentist near you and get your teeth straightened.
- Invisalign Lite: This type of Invisalign is preferred with less complicated issues. It is a good option for treatment, especially when you want to straighten your teeth before you decide cosmetic dentistry such as crowns or veneers.
- Invisalign 17: For Invisalign, this is the most recent version and is known to take a short period of time. This treatment is perfect, especially if your issues are minor crowding or a minimum of two crooked teeth.
In this case, the aligners are focused on the affected areas. This is also an excellent alternative if your teeth start to return back to their original positions after having orthodontic work.
- Invisalign Teen: This treatment is for teens that require braces but are ashamed of a mouth with metal. The aligners are constructed in a certain way to handle any growth issues. Parents may be able to tell if their child is wearing the aligners for adequate hours or not since a compliance indicator is attached to the aligners.
The indicator changes slowly from blue to clear when the aligners are worn for the right hours. After you are done with your Invisalign treatment, you can also get dentures near Madison.
Risks of Invisalign
- Invisalign may sometimes cause unpleasantness to your teeth. Mouth dryness scratched cheeks, lips, and gums may be experienced.
- Your teeth may not sustain the straightness, therefore, making it necessary for a retainer to be worn for a couple of years
- The aligner may break
- Allergic reactions are likely to occur
New Leaf Dental is dentistry located in Brooklyn, NY, near you and is known to offer Invisalign treatment and many more services. It is our duty to make our patients comfortable upon their visit to our offices. The professionals here are glad to educate the patients concerning oral health maintenance. Book an appointment with us today and enjoy the services provided.